Emergency First Aid for Schools 1 day (7 Hours).
Cost is £50 per individual or £40 per group of 12.
This specially designed programme has been adapted from the HSE Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course to meet the needs of people who work within a school setting. The syllabus includes all content from the 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work course and includes additional subjects likely to be faced by first aiders working within a school.
The core content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking.
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
Additional subjects make the course more relevant than the standalone EFAW course and include
Additional subjects which are included in the EFAW for Schools course are
- Allergic Reaction
- Resuscitation and Choking for Children
All Brightside Training programmes utilise the following training methods:
- Comprehensive student pack for each delegate containing full colour reference manual for use during the class and as an ongoing reference
- Fully approved and quality assured instructors with a normal class size not exceeding 12 learners.
- Active learning strategies with opportunity for practice in small, relaxed groups monitored by the instructor.
- Professional presentation material that uses a graphical approach to ensure understanding of key topics.
- The opportunity to complete a course evaluation .
Successful candidates will be awarded a plastic qualification card on completion and receive a full colour A4 certificate awarded by Brightside Training Systems.
The course follows the syllabus set by the Health & Safety Executive and is delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L74 for training of candidates in first aid for low risk environments.
Course Duration 7 hours